8.7.12

マツオヒロミ。+ Interior Inspiration!


For the past three months, I have been trying to come up with ways to decorate my new place. I've already settled on a Shabby Chic interior for my bedroom, complete with a vintage vanity my mum and I picked up from a Habitat for Humanity "Restore." It felt great purchasing the vanity from there because every cent is going back to building a home for the community. =) I highly recommend visiting a Habitat for Humanity store in your city (I think it is an American thing, but I'm sure there are versions of it in different countries) next time you are looking for some furniture. Not to mention everything is well-priced!



My idea for picking up a vanity was very much inspired by "Forever Pink," a small store that refurbishes old furniture to give it that perfectly girly vibe! Their prices are a bit too steep for my liking (plus additional shipping on top of that!) so I decided to go ahead and try and DIY my own shabby chic vanity. Here are some of the pictures I drew inspiration from:



I plan on getting some fake flowers and Christmas lights and decorating the mirror on my vanity the same way! I also found the perfect mint green stool to match the vanity--ahhh~ The one I purchased is nearly 80 years old! I'll actually take pictures of the vanity I own when I actually moved it into my new apartment.

And then I stumbled upon the amazing artist, Matsuo Hiromi. I just want to use all of her artwork around my room to decorate. I really want to support her as an artist though, and I can't seem to find any sort of store of her's to order from... Can anyone help me purchase a print of her artwork? Apparently she sold a couple of art books, but I don't want to rip them apart to frame some of the photos... *sigh* Maybe I can buy one and make high quality scans of the covers to frame, so that way I feel like I did support her in some way.

I wish I had half the talent she does to start painting like this again. Here are some samples of my favourite pieces from her:


Hope you enjoyed some of my interior inspiration! Next time I should be able to supplement photos of my place as well--or maybe even discuss what inspired my living room!

2 comments:

  1. I want the mirror with cupboard like this ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanities are the prettiest things ever! I really needed one because I have a lot of make-up, and you're actually not supposed to apply it in the bathroom--but rather in a separate place. =)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!