27.2.13

Lolita 52: Describe my style is 5 words?

Tomorrow I'll be leaving my home (again), this time for a law internship in Maryland--so bear with me since it seems like the filler posts will have to continue for another couple of weeks. =(

The topic I drew this week for the Lolita 52 Challenge was "5 keywords that describe your style." I really suck at picking pretty unique words for this so this may be pretty boring--so I decided to spice it up with some photos of things in my wardrobe that fit that word!


Since I was a kid, the word "dream" was a real source of inspiration to me. I wanted to take the things I dreamed about (both awake and sleeping) and make them a reality, create soft silhouettes and crown everything with wings.


This is something that I think only really started to make an appearance in my personal fashion in the past year or two. Although most of the things pictured here I had for longer than that amount of time, glitter used to be something I found tacky or just garish. But lately, soft glittering accents have really pulled me in!


Looking back at my advice for buying a versatile piece for your wardrobe, strange colour combinations and outlandish ideas have really been at the forefront of my wardrobe. I really like the idea of taking something most people find ugly and just having fun with it! I guess that's why "aomoji-kei" is such a turn-on for me.


The older I become, the more I want to tip my hat to the things that made me who I am today, whether it's the Power Rangers or Cardcaptor Sakura. There are things I never really stopped loving that I always want to bring into every coordinate!


Last and certainly not least, is adding a little reminder of loved ones, family heirlooms, and "lucky" items. They end up sneaking into my coordinates one way or the other, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

How would you describe your style in 5 words?

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this, and the explanation behind each word was very insightful ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Noor! =D You should totally do one of these~

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog that I love

    I am a french lolita

    I love this article my room so kitsch and vintage toys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello from the US!!

      I am so glad you like my blog! I would love to see photos of your room, it sounds amazing! I can read French pretty well (but when it comes to speaking it I am really rusty), so if you have any questions you can ask me in French if it helps. =D

      Delete

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!